Student Work Permits
If you are 14-17 years old, you will need a student work permit. Here are steps to follow:
- Obtain a copy of the “Application to Employ Minors Form” from LAWorks.net or pick one up from an issuing office. (see list below)
- Give the form to your prospective employer to complete. After it’s filled out, have a parent or legal guardian sign the form.
- Take the completed form, along with proof of age, to the issuing office to apply for an employment certificate. (calling first is a good idea!)
- Bring the original employment certificate to your new employer.
Issuing Offices and Officers:
- Ouachita Parish High – 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
318-343-2769 ~ Janice Ivey, Guidance Secretary
- Richwood High – 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
318-361-0467 ~ Shawanda Smith, Teacher
- Sterlington High – 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
318-665-2725 ~ Connie Kosik, Secretary
- West Monroe High – 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
318-323-3771 ~ Aletha Thompson, Secretary
- West Ouachita High – 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
318-249-2117 ~ Bobby Crockett, Teacher
- Child Welfare & Attendance – 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
318-432-5610 ~ Administrative Assistant
[Located at 920 Thomas Road, West Monroe]
Note: All locations are closed on Fridays in June and July.