VIRTUAL INSTRUCTION – MEAL DISTRIBUTION
Below is the link to register for VIP Meals. REMEMBER: Your children must be registered to receive the meals. We use this information to plan how many meals to have on hand.
LINK: VIP MEAL REGISTRATION
Keep a watch on your email. Child Nutrition Services will be back in touch with you regarding your pickup location and time. If you have any questions, call the Child Nutrition Office at 318-398-1990, or email Mrs. Correro, email@example.com .
MEALS FOR VIRTUAL STUDENTS START: Beginning Tuesday, Sept. 29th, we will begin distributing meals every TUESDAY afternoon (4:00 pm-6:00 pm) in two locations [UNLESS a holiday falls on Tuesday, then pick-up is moved to Wednesday.] If your home address falls under one of these zip codes, you will pick up your children’s meals at the following locations---once you have registered at the link above. You must be registered to pick up meals.
1. Monroe - Richwood Middle School, 5855 HWY 165 S, Monroe, LA 71202
ZIP CODES: 71201, 71202, 71203, 71280 (Monroe, Swartz, Sterlington)
2. West Monroe - Auxiliary Services, 920 Thomas Road, West Monroe, LA 71292
ZIP CODES: 71291, 71292, 71225,71234, 71238 (West Monroe, Calhoun, Eros, Downsville)
Both locations allow us room to have a drive thru for parents to pick up meals.
Parents will receive 5 breakfast and 5 lunches... All meals will be frozen... One box per child.
CHECK IN PROCEDURES:
1. Give the name of the parent or guardian who registered for the meals. (Our list is in alphabetical order of the parent/guardian’s first name.)
2. Please be prepared to show your personal identification – a Driver’s License or a state ID.
3. An Alternate Person, as listed on your registration, may pick up meals for you. Just make sure Child Nutrition knows if you change that person.
4. Inform the staff member how many meals you are picking up.
If you have decided NOT to pick up meals, please notify us immediately. Either call the Child Nutrition Office at 318-398-1990 or email, Mrs. Correro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TEMPORARY FREE MEALS FOR EVERYONE: The Ouachita Parish School Board applied for federal funding and was approved to temporarily extend free meals to ALL students at ALL schools throughout the parish.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? Until December 31, 2020 or until federal funding is exhausted, every child who attends Ouachita Parish schools will be allowed to receive ONE breakfast and ONE lunch per day without charge.